Courses submitted for Affordability Counts must meet all the criteria below in order to receive the medallion.
- The total cost of course materials must be $20 per credit hour or less (e.g., 3-credit courses must not exceed $60).
- The total cost must cover all required course materials (i.e., textbook, course pack, lab materials, etc.).
- The total cost is determined by course materials priced as “new.”
- The course overview page and course syllabus include a link to purchase course materials at $20 per credit hour or less.
- If the course materials have been officially placed on course reserve at the institution’s library and are available at no cost to the student, purchase of these materials is not required to meet the selection criteria.